Contra Costa Lawyer Magazine
Get in on the news while the news is hot. Recent legislation, statewide court issues, current trends for legal professionals, news on the economy, articles by local judges and lawyers, and much more…
October 2014 (print edition)
view online or download [1 MB blog-book]
- What to Do if Your Civil Litigation Client Files Bankruptcy
- David Schuricht
- Can the Bankruptcy Judge Sign Your Judgment?
- Corrine Bielejeski
- An Interview with Chapter 13 Trustee Martha Bronitsky
- David Arietta
- Recent Developments in Student Loans and Bankruptcy
- Scott Jordan
- Commercial Tenants Who File Bankruptcy - Vahishta Falahatil
- Sham Guaranty Defense and the Effect of Lawlor
- Steven T. Knuppel
- California's "Right to Repair Act" Is Not the Exclusive Remedy for Homeowners - Brian D. Seibel
- Equity (and Equity Stripping) is Back - Craig Nevin
- The Real Story About the LA Stip
- Wendy Graves
- Inside: Guest Editor's Column - Marlene Weinstein and Craig Nevin, Co-guest Editors
- Bar Soap: October 2014 - Matt Guichard
- The Ethics Corner: Avoiding Fraudulent Conduct
- Carol M. Langford
- News & Updates:
- The Bankruptcy Pro Bono Project - Alan E. Ramos
- Registration is Open for the MCLE Spectacular
- Lisa Reep's Retirement Party [photos]
- The Perfect Family - Justice James Marchiano (Ret.)
- Coffee Talk: What is your favorite local restaurant and why?
Visit www.contracostalawyer.org, our award-winning online companion to the Contra Costa Lawyer magazine, to access current and past articles, multi-media features, including video interviews and event photos, as well as Self-Study MCLE tests and classifieds.
Contra Costa Lawyer Online is published monthly, six times per year as an online companion to the bi-monthly print magazine, and six times as a stand-alone publication.
Advertise with us! By advertising with the Contra Costa County Bar Association, your message reaches a high-profile, targeted audience of legal professionals in Contra Costa County. The CCCBA reflects the best of the profession, with more than 1,800 active members.
Download our 2014 Advertising Kit to review placement opportunities in print and online and rate sheets. CCCBA Members receive special advertising rates - please download our 2014 CCCBA Member Advertising Kit for details. We have advertising packages for every budget!
Increase your visibility with the Contra Costa Lawyer!
We invite you to take the opportunity to get your articles published. Please review our 2014 Editorial Calendar and Publishing Guidelines for upcoming themes and deadlines. If you think of a timely, interesting article - write it and send it to us! Contact us with your story idea or article - We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in guest-editing an issue of the Contra Costa Lawyer? Review our guidelines and guest-editing responsibilities:
Guest Editor's Guide for Print Editions of the Contra Costa Lawyer
Guest Editor's Guide for Online Editions of the Contra Costa Lawyer