Contra Costa Lawyer Magazine
Get in on the news while the news is hot. Recent legislation, statewide court issues, current trends for legal professionals, news on the economy, articles by local judges and lawyers, and much more…
May 2016 (print edition)
view online, browse on screen or download [3 MB]
- My Cup Runneth Over: The Intersection of Immigration Law and Other Bodies of Law
- Flavio Carvalho, Esq.
- In Court and in Trouble: Humanitarian Immigration Issues in Contra Costa County
- Peggy J. Bristol
- U Visas: A Potential (but Long) Path to Citizenship - Eric Husby
- Lessons Learned from Super Bowl 50: Human Trafficking
- Renzo F. Manay
- U.S. Expands Restrictions on Visa Waiver Program for Visitors - Spojmie Nasiri
- Exiles Electing the Suitcase over the Coffin Encounter Reluctant Hosts - Daniel Roemer
- Inside: Guest Editor's Column, May 2016 - Erika Portillo
- President's Message: May 2016 - Elva Harding
- Inns of Court: Animal Law - Matthew Talbot
Visit www.contracostalawyer.org, our award-winning online magazine. The Contra Costa Lawyer online magazine gives you access to current and past articles, multi-media features, including video interviews and event photos, as well as Self-Study MCLE tests and classified ads.
The Contra Costa Lawyer online magazine is published monthly, six times per year as an online companion to the bi-monthly print magazine, and six times as a stand-alone publication.
Advertise with us! By advertising with the Contra Costa County Bar Association, your message reaches a high-profile, targeted audience of legal professionals in Contra Costa County. The CCCBA reflects the best of the profession, with more than 1,800 active members.
View our 2016 Advertising Kit to review placement opportunities in print and online and rate sheets. CCCBA members receive special advertising rates; please view our 2016 CCCBA Member Advertising Kit for details. We have advertising packages for every budget! We also offer advertising in our Membership and Reference Directory. View our Directory Advertising Kit for more information.
Increase your visibility with the Contra Costa Lawyer!
We invite you to take the opportunity to get your articles published. Please review our 2016 Editorial Calendar and Publishing Guidelines for upcoming themes and deadlines. If you think of a timely, interesting article, write it and send it to us! Contact us with your story idea or article. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in guest editing an issue of the Contra Costa Lawyer? Review our guidelines and guest editing responsibilities:
Guest Editor's Guide for Print Editions of the Contra Costa Lawyer
Guest Editor's Guide for Online Editions of the Contra Costa Lawyer