2014 MCLE Spectacular
CCCBA's 20th Annual MCLE Spectacular will take place on Friday, November 21, 2014 at the Walnut Creek Marriott.
NEW! Click here for seminar materials.
- Breakfast Kickoff Speaker: SERGIO GARCIA, Attorney at Law, Presenting "Road Towards the American Dream"
- Luncheon Speaker: JESSE H. CHOPER, Earl Warren Professor of Public Law, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Afternoon Plenary Speaker: DR. JONATHAN CANICK, Dept. of Psychiatry & Neurology at CPMC, Assistant Clinical Professor at UCSF
Thank you to our sponsors of the 2014 MCLE Spectacular:
Below are the seminar materials in PDF format. Because of their size, some materials may take a while to load.
- Breakfast Kickoff - Road Towards the American Dream
- Luncheon - Leading Decisions of the 2013-14 Term of the U.S. Supreme Court
- Plenary - Assuring and Assessing Professional Competence
- Seminar 1 - Mediation is a Process, Not an Event
- Seminar 2 - California, a SLAPP Happy State for Litigants
- Seminar 3 - The Tax Man Cometh
- Seminar 4 - Undue Influence, When Capacity is Only Part of the Story
- Seminar 5 - Civility in the Court
- Seminar 6 - Running a Law Firm, Tips and Tricks for Solos
- Seminar 7 - Creative Writing, Making Your Brief a Best Seller
- Seminar 8 - Ethics in the Law Office and on the Web
- Seminar 9 - Two Entrepreneurs Walk into a Bar, Legal Issues that Startups Face
- Seminar 10 - Kids for Cash
- Seminar 11 - Ethics in Social Media and Information
- Seminar 12 - Estate Planning for the Blended Family
- Seminar 13 - ADA Compliance for Business and Recent Trends in Litigation
- Jayne Kim, Chief Trial Counsel, State Bar of California
- Professor Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, UC Irvine School of Law
- David Mann, Consultant, The Other Bar
2012 Breakfast, Luncheon, and Afternoon Plenary Speakers
- Professor Rory K. Little, Professor of Law, University of California Hastings College of the Law
- Richard North Patterson, Bestselling Author
- Carmela Castellano-Garcia, President and CEO, California Primary Care Association
2011 Breakfast, Luncheon, and Afternoon Plenary Speakers
- Jesse H. Choper, Earl Warren Professor of Public Law at UC Berkeley's School of Law - breakfast kickoff speaker
- The Honorable Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye, Chief Justice of the California Supreme Court - luncheon speaker
- Judge Vaughn Walker - afternoon plenary session speaker.