The Women’s Section has been a strong presence in CCCBA for over 25 years. Its members include attorneys practicing in all areas of the law who live or work in Contra Costa County.
The goals of the section are:
- To further the interests of women in the legal profession and the judiciary;
- To stimulate interest in and encourage discussions regarding legal and social issues of concern to women;
- To promote a spirit of mutual support, cooperation and service and to foster social contacts among the Members of the Section;
- To offer scholarships and support to deserving law students who have shown leadership potential, achieved academic success, and helped to advance women’s issues;
- To promote diversity, equity and inclusion; and
- To extend our network of contacts and support of women’s interests through affiliation with California Women Lawyers.
Men are welcome to join. The CCCBA Women’s Section is a proud Affiliate of the California Women Lawyers (www.cwl.org). Members of the Women’s Section receive a discounted membership to CWL.
The Women’s Section provides networking opportunities for its members to meet other attorneys and professionals. The section hosts informational programs and lunches, some offering MCLE credit and others focusing on matters of more personal interest, such as job opportunities and rainmaking.
The Women’s Section annually awards the Honorable Patricia Herron and Honorable Ellen James Scholarship to deserving law students who have shown leadership potential, achieved academic success, and helped to advance women’s issues. The section hosts a scholarship fundraiser each spring, usually in the form of a silent auction and wine-tasting. We gratefully accept donations to the Scholarship Fund anytime .
All members are invited to attend the board meetings which are held on the first Tuesday of each month. If you would like to serve on the board or want further information, please contact the section at [email protected]com.
- CCCBA Women’s Section Diverse Speaker Policy
- Women’s Section Statement Against AAPI Hate
- Women’s Section Statement on Black Lives Matter Movement
- Women’s Section Statement on the Passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Acknowledgments and special thanks to our generous donors.
The Women’s Section congratulates 2021 scholarship winners:
Gabriella Sergi attends UC Hastings College of the Law and expects to graduate in May 2022.
Sydney Mastey attends Golden Gate University School of Law and expects to graduate in May 2022.
|2021 Winter||2021 Fall||2021 Summer||2021 Spring|
|2020 Winter||2020 Fall||2020-Summer||2020-Spring|
|2019 Fall||2019 Summer||2019 May||2019 March|
Ritzi K. Lam
(925) 322-8615 x110
Rachel H. Leonard
Tate & Associates
1321 8th St., Suite 4
Berkeley, CA. 94710
All for the Family Legal Clinic, Inc.
Marissa R. Boyd
Brown Gee & Wenger LLP
Law Office of Brittany Hendrix-Smith
Celine Mui Simon
Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman LLP
Ariel Brownell Lee, Esq.
Law Office of Ariel Brownell
Patanisha Davis Pierson
Key Counsel, P.C.
Brown, Gee & Wenger LLP
(925) 322-8615 ext. 111
Brown Gee & Wenger LLP
Crystal Lee VanDerPutten
Livingston Law Firm