Find a Lawyer—Lawyer Referral & Information Service (LRIS)
Do you need a lawyer?
Contact our LRIS customer service representatives at (925) 825-5700. We will help you find a lawyer or agency that can assist you with your particular legal problem. For example:
- Have you been injured in an accident?
- Are you having a problem with immigration?
- Are you having a family law problem?
- Is your landlord trying to evict you?
Let us help you find a lawyer for legal issues like these.
Call us: (925) 825-5700 M–F, 9–4 (Closed holidays)
If you call after business hours, leave a message with your name (please also spell it) and phone number. An LRIS representative will return your call the following business day.
Complete our online request form. An LRIS representative will contact you the following business day.
We charge you a $30.00 (thirty dollar) administrative fee to refer you to one attorney for a 30-minute consultation. This fee helps us run our program, and makes it possible to offer this valuable service to members of the community like you. If we determine your case to be a plaintiff's personal injury, an employee Workers' Compensation, or Social Security Disability issue, you will not be charged the $30.00 administrative fee.
- How Our Program Works
- Your Privacy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Limited Scope Representation Available in Family Law, Consumer Law, and Real Estate Law
- Get Prepared for Your Consultation
- Client Feedback
Download informational materials
- LRIS brochure
- LRIS flyer
- Moderate Means Program flyer
- Moderate Means Program flyer - spanish version
Legal Areas in Our Program
These are just a few of the legal areas that our LRIS program covers. If you don’t see your specific legal problem, call the number above and we will assist you.
- Family Law: adoption, divorce, child custody, child support, prenuptial agreements, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO), guardianships
Family Law Services: Get the details on our Family Law programs.
- Criminal Defense Law: drunk-driving, misdemeanors, felonies, juvenile
- Personal Injury Law: automobile accidents, slip and fall, malpractice, wrongful death
- Probate, Estate Planning & Trust Law: wills and trust preparation and contests, conservatorship, Elder Law
- Real Estate Law: contracts, construction, foreclosure, easements
- Business Law: starting/selling a small business, contract disputes with customers or suppliers, corporations and partnerships, franchise law
- Landlord/Tenant Law: commercial and residential leases, evictions
- Bankruptcy Law: Chapter 7, 11, 13, creditors and debtors
- Consumer Law: auto repair, fraud, contract disputes, credit matters
- Labor/Employment Law: wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, ERISA, COBRA
Limited Scope Representation is offered in Real Estate Law: If you believe you can do much of the work yourself for your court case, but think you need legal support from an attorney to make sure your are doing it right, then this program is for you.
Limited Scope Representation is offered in Consumer Law: If you believe you can do much of the work yourself for your court case, but think you need legal support from an attorney to make sure your are doing it right, then this program is for you.
Remember, these are just examples of the legal areas we cover.
If you don’t see your specific legal problem, call us at (925) 825-5700 and we will assist you.