- Stanford University, B.A. Degree in Political Science
- University of California at Davis, School of Law, JD.
Pre-bench Legal Experience
- Executive Director, State Bar of California, San Francisco, CA
- Chief Trial Counsel, State Bar of California, San Francisco, CA
- Chief prosecutor for attorney discipline in California.
- Assistant District Attorney, San Francisco District Attorney’s Office Special Prosecutions Unit
- Instructor New College of California, School of Law, San Francisco, CA
- Staff Attorney, Legal Aid Society of Alameda County, Oakland, CA
Appointed to the bench in 2012, Judge Johnson is assigned to the Pittsburg courthouse handling all branch court matters.
Pre-bench Civic & Professional Activities
- Member, State Bar of California Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation Evaluated the applications of nominees for trial and appellate court appointments.
- Member and Chair of the State Bar of California Committee of Bar Examiners Reviewed qualifications of applicants for admission to the State Bar.
- Member, Board of Governors, District 4, Representing San Francisco and Marin Counties Set public policy, rules and regulations governing the admission and practice of law in the State of California.
- Fellow, California Bar Foundation President, Board of Trustees, California Consumer Protection Foundation: Court-appointed member and elected officer of non-profit corporation formed to distribute $3.5 million settlement from the Levi Strauss Litigation Fund, promoting consumer education in historically disadvantaged communities.
- Leader, California Law Academy Strategic Task Force (CLAS) Statewide Steering Committee that promotes the creation of law academies in California high schools
Current Civic & Professional Activities
- Chair, De Anza High School Law Academy Advisory Committee, Richmond, CA
- Other civic and professional activities too numerous to list.
Available upon written request.
A courtesy copy should be delivered to the court at the time a motion is filed.
In Limine Motions
Should be provided the day of trial and supported by case authority.
Should be provided the day of trial.
Please pre-mark exhibits and provide a list to the clerk.
Judge Johnson tries to run a relaxed courtroom.
Court Reporters & Translators
Please use the courtroom microphones to project your voice and speak clearly so these professionals can do their jobs.
Computers in the Courtroom
Use of your own computers is permitted.
Pittsburg courthouse is well equipped for modern technology.
Cameras in the Courtroom
Follow local rules.
Please be civil and courteous to all, including courtroom staff.