Our committee reviews and responds to all complaints submitted by clients, such as, but not limited to:
- Communications problems
- Non-performance issues
- Failure to turn over records
Once the committee receives a “Client Request for Assistance,” we do the following:
- Review and deliberate upon written correspondence by the client
- Contact the attorney to discuss the client’s complaint
- Suggest that the attorney contact the client directly to resolve the issue
- Offer options for the attorney and client to handle the complaint
- Maintain confidentiality during the review and deliberation
What the committee cannot do:
- Act as the client’s attorney or otherwise represent him or her
- Give legal advice regarding the merits or substance of the client’s case
- Discipline an attorney or force an attorney to do something
- Enforce any proceeding, suspend ongoing court proceedings or extend any time limits imposed by law
- Recover client’s money or retrieve property
No client is charged a fee for this service, and no personal appearance is required by you or your client.
The State Bar of California
Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program
Forms & Resources for Attorneys
CCCBA does not provide a fee arbitration program.
For assistance, please call the State Bar MFA at 415-538-2020.