Small Claims Court Lectures
The Small Claims Advisor of the Superior Court of California of Contra Costa County helps both plaintiffs and defendants understand how to prepare and file their court forms, follow court procedures, consider different ways to settle a case, and get ready for court. In Contra Costa County, the Small Claims Advisor holds legal information workshops in different parts of the county.
SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA COUNTY OF CONTRA COSTA - SMALL CLAIMS ADVISOR PROGRAM Go to the court website for complete information. Note, the most up-to-date information will be on the Small Claims Court webpage.
1. YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER BEFORE YOU CAN ATTEND. To sign up send an email to the Small Claims Court Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Registration for Presentation (enter date and time). Include your name and contact information in the body of the email.*
2. * IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you visit the Virtual Self-Help Law Center before you attend a presentation or before you contact the Small Claims Advisor by email.
- Presentations with just one pre-registered person may be canceled. Only persons who have pre-registered will be contacted if a presentation is canceled.
- No child care available. Please do not bring children to the presentations.
- Presentations start on time.
- The presentations do not allow time for specific questions to be answered.
SCHEDULE OF PRESENTATIONS:
RICHMOND - CARROLL COURTHOUSE
100-37th Street, Room 202
Richmond, CA 94805
First Thursday of each month, except on court or county holidays,
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
MARTINEZ – SPINETTA FAMILY LAW CENTER
751 Pine Street, Conference Room
Martinez, CA 94553
Second Thursday of each month, except on court or county holidays,
9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
PITTSBURG - ARNASON JUSTICE CENTER
1000 Center Drive, Room 1038
Pittsburg, CA 94565
Fourth Thursday of each month, except on court or county holidays,
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
SMALL CLAIMS PACKET
Virtual Self-Help Law Center * Click on their Small Claims link for information and videos on how the Small Claims Court works.
- Steps to handle small claims cases (before, during and after your hearing)
- How to collect your judgment
- What to do if you are a defendant
- Free forms with instructions that you can fill out online
- Understand how to prepare and file court forms
- Understand and follow court procedures
- Consider different ways to settle a case—sometimes going to court is not the best option for you!
- Get ready for your court appearance
- Answers to "Frequently Asked Questions"