Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinic
A domestic violence restraining order is a court order that prohibits domestic violence. It can last up to 5 years and can be renewed. There is no filing fee. Violation of a restraining order is a crime.
This free workshop will help you understand how to:
- order an abusive partner not to call you or send mail or e-mail
- order an abusive partner to stay away from you or your home, work, school, or child care
- order an abusive partner to move out of your home
- order temporary custody, visitation and support
- order reimbursement of costs from violence
- order temporary use of property (i.e. car, home)
- require the return of personal property
- require a person to attend counseling
- prohibit a person from having or getting a gun
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE RESTRAINING ORDER CLINICS: Visit the Contra Costa Superior Court website for dates, times, locations in Pittsburg and Richmond and contact information. If you have also been accused of abuse, you should contact this clinic, too. The Central County Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinic is by appointment through STAND! For Families Free of Violence at 1-888-215-5555.
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY FAMILY JUSTICE CENTER:
The Family Justice Center (the Center) is a warm and welcoming one-stop Center for people affected by domestic violence, sexual assault, elder abuse, child abuse, and human trafficking. By locating many service providers in one place, the Center helps people in crisis to find hope, safety, and healing through a single door.
Who is eligible?
Anyone that has been a victim of domestic violence, sexual abuse and/or human trafficking, their children, and non-offending family members.
256 24th Street
Richmond, CA 94804
2151 Salvio Street
Concord, CA 94520
Open 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Do I have to make an appointment?
Even though we encourage appointments, we accept walk-ins Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
BAY AREA LEGAL AID LEGAL CLINIC CALENDAR Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinics