Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinic
A domestic violence restraining order is a court order that prohibits domestic violence. It can last up to 5 years and can be renewed. There is no filing fee. Violation of a restraining order is a crime.
This free workshop will help you understand how to:
- order an abusive partner not to call you or send mail or e-mail
- order an abusive partner to stay away from you or your home, work, school, or child care
- order an abusive partner to move out of your home
- order temporary custody, visitation and support
- order reimbursement of costs from violence
- order temporary use of property (i.e. car, home)
- require the return of personal property
- require a person to attend counseling
- prohibit a person from having or getting a gun
Domestic Violence Restraining Order Clinics: Visit the Contra Costa Superior Court website for dates, times, locations and contact information.
If you have also been accused of abuse, you should contact this clinic, too.