Family Law Alternative Resolution Program (FLARe) thru Mediation
- Are you currently divorcing a spouse?
- Is there a custody battle?
- Are you having guardianship issues?
- Is child support not being paid?
Our FLARe program can help you resolve family law matters like these through mediation, outside of court.
Mediation: Mediation in this program is a process that uses a qualified attorney to listen to both parties, and hopefully resolve your family law dispute.
It is less expensive, less stressful, and less time consuming than going to court and you can participate at any time.
However, you and the other party must agree to participate.
- Why Participate in Mediation?
- What Does It Cost and What are My Options?
- Additional Costs
- Start Participating Now
Why Participate in Mediation?
First and foremost, this program is very popular and huge success within the community.
- It’s less expensive and less time consuming than going to court. This program has proven to be popular, and successful
- The mediators in our program are qualified attorneys who voluntarily reduce their hourly fees for the Options described below
- The lawyers are trained in mediation, and are “Certified Specialists in Family Law”
- The mediators have a strong commitment to our program and the valuable public support it offers
- You do not have to make an appearance in court to participate and the Options are private and confidential
- You can choose to participate in this program at any time during your court proceedings
- You can always speak with your existing lawyer during mediation
The most important thing to remember is that your success depends on the cooperation of you and the other party.
It is recommended that you do not participate unless you and the other party really want to come to a positive solution.
What Does It Cost and What Are My Options?
You have three options:
A mediation session between you and the other party is conducted for 90 minutes for $150.00 (one hundred and fifty dollars).
The goal is for the mediator to dive right in and help you and the other party to hopefully resolve your dispute.
This is an orientation session that helps you and the other party understand the program. The mediator will explain how the program works during this orientation for 30 minutes for $30.00 (thirty dollars).
Then, you and the other party decide if you’d like to:
- hire this mediator. Don’t forget to discuss the hourly rate!
- participate in Option A (above)
This option is similar to Option B except it’s an individual orientation for 30 minutes for $30.00 (thirty dollars). You can do this without involving the other participant.
Then, you decide if you’d like to hire this attorney to help you in mediation, or you could decide to hire this attorney to represent you in litigation.
Any minutes beyond the minutes described above—will cost you more.
Please negotiate the dollar amount directly with the mediators in this program, no matter what option you choose.
Remember that the mediators participating in this program have voluntarily reduced their hourly fees for the 90 minutes because of their strong commitment to this program and the belief that it is a valuable public service.