Donate to the Bar Fund
Our Bar Fund was established in 1988 to help improve the conditions for those in need through a permanent and ongoing source of income.
And we’re proud to say that due to generous donations from people like you, our total grants to date are $350,371.
The Bar Fund Goals
- Promote and support Pro Bono legal advice, counsel and representation to the County’s poor and needy
- Maintain equal access to justice
- Support and improve administration of justice
- Contribute to wider understanding of the law and legal reform
- Preserve American heritage of rule by law
- Encourage elevated standards of legal education and performance
2011 Grant Recipient
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Contra Costa
CASA of Contra Costa provides highly trained Court-approved volunteers to advocate for the needs of abused and neglected children. CASA advocates assist Courts in making timely and more informed decisions in the child's best interests and act as sworn officials of the Court. Over the last 5 years CASA has served approximately 875 children who reside in Contra Costa County.
2010 Grant Recipient
The Elder Law Center (ELC) of The Law Center (TLC).
The Elder Law Center assists Contra Costa County residents who are 65 years of age or older who are victims of elder financial abuse and who need pro bono representation.
Non-profit organizations that provide pro bono legal assistance to Contra Costa County residents in need are encouraged to apply to become a recipient of the Bar Fund's annual grant. Please contact Theresa Hurley at (925) 370-2548,firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Download this form and donate today: Both members and non-members can use this form to donate.