Disputes with Your Lawyer
- Fee Dispute with Your Lawyer
You are reviewing your attorney’s bill, and you disagree with the amount you were charged. What can you do about it? You can participate in our Fee Arbitration Program.
- Notice of Client’s Right to Fee Arbitration
Did you get a “Notice of Client’s Right to Fee Arbitration” in the mail? Your lawyer is claiming you did not pay your bill. What can you do? Participate in our Fee Arbitration Program.
- Are You Having Trouble Communicating with Your Lawyer?
If you are having trouble communicating with your lawyer and it’s not about your bill, our Client Relations Committee can help.
- Definitions & Program Overviews
Find out what arbitration or mediation or legally binding means (plus other definitions). And get program overviews, too.
- Additional Information
We have included additional information for those of you who want to do more research about the arbitration and mediation process.
Fee Arbitration Advice for Clients of California Attorneys
Written especially for the consumer, this article addresses the following issues:
Part I: Why is my attorney's bill so high?
Part II: Help, I'm having a fee dispute with my attorney!
Part III: How do I prepare for a fee arbitration hearing?
- Rules of Procedure for Fee Arbitrations & Mediations Download the rules of our Fee Arbitration and Mediation Program. Review the table of contents to find the issue you are looking for.