Judicial Mentoring Program
The Judicial Mentoring Program was established by the Contra Costa Bench/Bar Diversity Committee to provide attorneys contemplating a career on the bench with a structured method of obtaining guidance about how to reach that goal.
Experienced judges will be able to provide valuable feedback and assistance to potential judicial candidates to help them hone the necessary skills for a judicial career.
The Judicial Mentoring Program’s goals are:
- To promote diversity on the bench to reflect our community
- To facilitate attorneys with diverse backgrounds in pursuing a judicial appointment
- To increase the diversity of the judicial applicant pool
Mentors must be active or retired judges who have agreed to mentor one or more attorneys for a period of 12 months.
All mentees must:
- Be a current CCCBA member
- Have at least 5 years experience as a licensed attorney
- Be considering applying for a judgeship in the future
The following is also helpful:
- A demonstrated commitment to our community evidenced by civic activities
- A commitment to public service
For information about the Judicial Mentoring Program, please contact:
Phone: (925) 370-2548