Our CCCBA Client Relations Committee offers assistance to clients and their attorneys who are having trouble communicating, if the attorney involved practices law in Contra Costa County.
Our committee reviews and responds to all submitted complaints such as, but not limited to:
- communication problems
- money disputes not involving attorneys’ fees
- non-performance issues
- failure to turn over records
This committee does not assist in fee disputes. See “Are You Having a Fee Dispute?” in this section for more information on fee disputes.
Once the committee receives a “Client Request for Assistance” mailed to us by your client, we do the following:
- Review and deliberate upon written correspondence by the client
- Contact you to discuss your client’s complaint
- Suggest that you contact your client directly to resolve the issue
- Offer options for handling the complaint with you and your client
- Maintain confidentiality during the review and deliberation
No client is charged a fee for this service, and no personal appearance is required by you or by your client.
What the committee cannot do:
- Act as the client’s attorney or otherwise represent him or her
- Give legal advice regarding the merits or substance of the client’s case
- Discipline an attorney or force an attorney to do something
- Enforce any proceeding, suspend ongoing court proceedings or extend any time limits imposed by law
- Recover client’s money or retrieve property
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: (925) 370-2540
Your Clients: Community Section Spotlight
Client Relations: Our Community web pages provide immense value to our community members—your clients—who are navigating the legal system. This section offers details about resolving general communication problem with you.